g Umm... Refresh please!: Jailbait

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Jailbait

After a relaxing three-day weekend I decided to put some time into sea farming and jailer fighting. I started off the morning doing a little soloing (seems like I'll be doing alot of that with 75SMN, 75BLM and 75RDM). After about an hour I got my 4th merit. Put them into Lightning Potency and Elemental Skill. Figured Burst II potency could wait a few days. After getting the merits I went ahead and did some chip farming. We got our 12 chips in about 2 hours and then took a break before sea.

I went out to Qufim for the 1st time and started fishing for Black Sole. I hooked about 3 before I lost my damn lure. Fishing's a pain in the butt... maybe it's because I'm 84 and the sole cap at 87... but the rod flies back and forth so fast it's damn near impossile to keep up, much lesss wear down the fish's HP. Once I lost my Sinking Minnow I was forced to use a Shrimp Lure. This kinda sucked because it did hook sole but only about 1/8 times. The other 7 times I was hooking Tiger Cod or Nosteau Herring. The herring is garbage, but the cod I will make into Sliced Cod and use it for bait to target sole and Gigant Squid only. Maybe later on tonight I'll head back for some sole/squid. I ended up with a stack of sole and +0.2 skillup and then left to meet up in sea.

There were alot of Jailers on the schedule. We had pops for 3 Hopes, 2 Faiths, and 1 Fortitude. We killed Fortitude easily since our kiter is a friggin brick wall. Winraf has so much good gear it's sick. Defending Ring, Shadow Ring, Shadow Mantle, Aegis, Koenig Cuirass, Crimson Cuisses and so much more insanely uber PLD gear. He kited that thing without sweating. Unfortunetly all we ended up with was a Fortitude Axe. After that it was off to Hope. He's a phaubo and he was a little harder but not so much. We killed the 1st and got all thee drops (Fifth Virtue, Hope Staff and Hope Torque). He wasn't much of a problem and after he was dead we realized that Fafnir's window was coming up.

Off to Mea! We raced in and camped for 5 windows. Nid spawned right in friggin front of me and I got smacked by SE's updated claiming system right in the face. My stun was interrupted...

That is so annoying, so after Nid was at 40% we ported out to head back to Jailers. We had 2 more Hopes and 2 more Faiths. The next Hope dropped all 3 drops again! We rested and waited for the ??? to respawn, then they aggro'd an Om'yorva and someone got themselves a Yovra Organ for a nice gorget. The third and final Hope brought us back down and dropped only a staff (which I got!!!). We moved on to our final 2 Faiths.

Faith sucks ass. Simple as that. He spawns a copy of himself and when you kill the 1st the 2nd uses hundred fists to the death. We aga'd them the 1st time and when the 1st died the 2nd had like 20% HP. He went down without a fight. The 2nd one was a pain... We killed him without aga'ing and when the 1st died the 2nd was at 100% and going buck wild on Winraf. Like the trooper he is he took hundred fists for almost 5 minutes. Whenever someone pulled hate, they died (me included). The annoying thing is hundred fists isn't his 2 hour, perfect dodge is. So when he uses PD we have to nuke him to do damage (which of course pulls hate). At one point all BLMs were on their backs, with only poor Eowyyn to sing to herself. We got up and killed him, and he dropped a Prudence Torque and Prudence Rod but no Sixth Virtue. We called it a night and I switched up to SMN to sport my new shiny trinket. I was quite happy, and now I have to farm those chips to get Virtue Stones so it will attack twice. Hello skillups!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home