g Umm... Refresh please!: circling the drain?

Monday, February 26, 2007

circling the drain?

I honestly feel like FFXI might be dying. The people who I used to see on all the time aren't on as much anymore. The people whose blogs I read on a regular basis don't update them anymore, and the people who used to frequently comment on my own blog don't anymore. I honestly think FFXI might be in a decline in membership. The hardcore vets either did everything they've wanted to do in-game or are just simply fed up at the lack of REAL action against RMT.


Sure, every 5-7 weeks the STFU (Special Task Forces Unit) hits about 250-500 RMTs but there are more than that on each server. In the old days RMT camped and monopolized NMs, claiming Roc, Serket, Argus, etc because those were mobs they could bot and the NMs dropped gear everyone sorta needed. Now, RMTs are smarter. They craft. There's no need to camp a NM when you can HQ craft shihei, melon pies, sole sushi or tavnazian tacos 24 hours a day all day long. They pump out the same stuff, undercuttig themselves so that they can sell faster.



This guy and another have destroyed my Melon Pie market....





Here's an RMT gearing up for his day of synthing 10 straight hours of sole

These "players" have ruined the game for me. It's not enjoyable when you see your goods' values drop 50% in 1 month because of RMTs. Soon expensive items will be 5000g and the gil you get form Goblins will once again be of value. Haubs are hovering around a mil, weskits are 18k... nothing has any value. A game shouldn't annoy you... this one now annoys me.

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Moonpie said...

Wow, that's just ridiculous.... and that's not apparent to GMs? Nothing is going to change with FFXI - it won't ever get better - it will just keep getting worse:( I thought I'd miss the game... I don't. Good luck, I hope you're able to somehow make some profit from cooking in spite of these RMT crafters.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

I started playing Civilization IV recently since it came with my video card but that piece of 5hit crashes every 20 minutes so its fun but then it's suddenly "WTF OMG COME ON YOU PICECE OF SHJIT!!?"

So maybe I'll finish up FFXII but it's gonna take alot from me to start from scratch in WoW...

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Moonpie said...

Come to my WoW server! lol I'm lvl 60 Warrior so I still have some time before I finish that character off but Priest is my next undertaking, it's level 14 right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home