g Umm... Refresh please!: SPATtacular!

Friday, February 09, 2007

SPATtacular!

Hurray! Hurray +1! After approx 3 months of trying to get into Windy to get the only good piece of armor for SMNs at the leg position... I finally got my Summoner's Spats. Just like my 1st run with IRON when I got my Summoner's Pigaches... I got my AF on my first run with Prophets. There were 2 others lotting, so unless I had sole lotting on the item I always felt like I was going to lose.

We entered Dyna-Windy with 25 which isn't a lot but I must admit... these guys are damn strong and kill very fast. It was honestly one of the most efficient Windy runs I have ever been on. We did have one wipe but it was totally unfair... the Leviathan woke up and immedietly used Tidal Wave. I guess it could have been avoided and slept away from the raid but honestly, we were killing mobs so fast it never seemed to be an issue. Barring that one misstep we farmed the hell out of the zone. My BRD says he has to leave for work, and it just so happens he's one of the other 2 people lotting against me. Within literally 5 seconds of him disbanding one of the birds dropped the Spats. I was damn surprised but that didn't mean I would win. The first lot came up as a 349. Not great but it's not horrible either. I was psyched but didn't lot right away, thinking that the BRD had left already. No lots came up so I hit the old Cast Lots button.
Holy Macaroni. That wasn't what I exected to see. That's usually what I random when I'm gambling (9+6+9= 24 which is a bust...) and only the BRD was left to lot. He tossed up a 140 something and I finally got my spats. I was quite happy, even if a few people were saying they were crap. They really aren't... they are technically the only armor on the leg slot that decreases BP timer, which to a SMN is our main damage. It's like saying Swift Belt is crap or Walahara Turban is crap. Lower BP timers equals more BPs over time equals more damage from SMNs. Technically the "helpful" only leg armor for SMNs is:
After seeing that no one else was lotting I waited for them to drop, and within about 1 minute of seeing te Spats we got our 2nd RNG hands. Eventually the spats dropped and I was one hapy SMN.Thanks to everyone in Prophets who came and helped me get 1 step closer to finishing my SMN armor set.

4 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Slickdarula said...

Congrats! Yeah I remember when I got my spats in windy Nice going! Whoever said spats suck, is probably not a smn, or not a good one! Only thing I can see that if someone doesn't have af2 hands, then u miss out on the acc+, which is good for most HNMs, but then again main BP you are doing is diablos, which never misses!

Anyway, good job!! Still waiting to hear about the smn horn!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

I'm told I can't complain at about horn now for at least 2 Dyna-Xarc runs (since I got spats last night)

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Ringthree said...

Congrats, too often people in this game don't know the real value of gear. Even I, one that obsesses over the value of gear doesn't understand exactly what is good for other jobs. And I see most high level SMN with Yin Yang running around with these on, so you are probably right.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Moonpie said...

Spatacular is right! Yay! Grats:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home