g Umm... Refresh please!: "Yeah we need a RDM"

Thursday, January 25, 2007

"Yeah we need a RDM"

This will probably be funny to everyone except the person who it involves, cause he's told me I'm beating a dead horse but I don't care... it's a funny story.

I logged in yesterday evening and saw no one really doing much of anything in LS, but one of our melees was in a party but anon in Bhaflau Thickets. I sent him a tell "RDM Do you need it?" and got no real reply, so I grabbed sanction and headed to Alzadaal Undersea Ruins to play with my Qiqrin friends on BLM. I spent my 200 ISP and ported to Nyzul Isle only to realize I left my Empress Band in my mog house. I warp back, grab the band and pay another 200 ISP to get a 2nd Runic Pass and port back out to Nyzul Isle. I use my Empress Band and get a tell "Yeah, we need a RDM". Ugh, ok. So I tell them I am warping and changing to RDM. I warp for the 2nd time and change to my full RDM/WHM spam party gear. I ask if they are at Mamool Ja Training Grounds camp and he said just grab a choco. Thats when I shoulda been tipped off...

I change to 75RDM/37WHM and get an invite from the party leader. I grab a choco and head out to Waj Woodlands then up to Bhaf Thickets. I enter the zone and see people with 700MP and 1000 HP and I'm like, "wtf?". I check the party members menu and see 3 level 65-66s, 2 anon people, and me... 75RDM/37WHM.

I got off my choco for some reason and had to run back to Whitegate and grab AF outta storage for my WHM, then shuffle BLM/RDM gears around to make room. I finally got out there almost 20 minutes later and we had PLD, SAM, SAM, BRD, WHM, WHM. Thank god I had my xp bonus on, because I was getting about 250-300 xp up to chain #5. I tried meleeing but that felt retarded and I hit only 25% of the time anyways. I ended up skilling my Divine from 128 to 137 in just over an hour, getting many +0.5 on my Holy casts and some of those Holy ("nukes"?) landed for for 212 damage. I even impressed myself. Chains woulda been way faster if I had a 65 melee or if they dumped me for a 65-67 melee but they kept me in there and I got about 5k in an hour.

I just found it ironic that the only person in that party in my LS was anon and even told me they needed a RDM when most people know I am a 75RDM. Slacker! I won't give out his name, cause that'd just be rude... but if you want a hint think Tarzan.

Also... we had a pathetic turnout at Dynamis - Xarc... pissed alot of us off. Maybe 15 people at enter time and even after an hour of waiting we ended up with only 28. We didn't go for DL obviously, but I died alot. We stayed the full 3.5 hours, cleared all 15 NMs, and got BST (lovely), BRD, and NIN. Wow, no horn. What a shocker.

2 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Slickdarula said...

WoW. You are better than me, all that changing and running back and forth.. I wouldn't have came back.. especially knowing that the guy is in my LS. O.o that's kinda crazy.

About the horn, I have this strange feeling you will get it next dynamis! Watch! Keep you head up!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

lol it's hard to not keep my head up when a big red horn isn't weighing it down.

But about switching it's not that hard, WHM gear goes in Mog Locker and I either wear RDM, SMN, or BLM gear while the other 2 sets stay in Mog House.

If I level another job I'm screwed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home