g Umm... Refresh please!: Emotional rollercoaster

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Emotional rollercoaster

Tonight was Dynamis Xarcabard, we do it every Wednesday night... something I proposed to Obsidian long before I even considered leaving Odin (and had nothing to do with my decision). Either way we started to gather for it. Last night the LS claimed Faf without me. The went from Limbus (which I wasn't told about) to Faf. I was a bit upset and needed xp on SMN so I solo'd that night, but was told that they got claim and Ridill!

Well I headed out to Xarc to go afk until the run when I saw lil Tsatin using outpost warp. He went to Li'Telor so I port out to mea and grab a chicken. We get there and camp 3 windows, and it pops on the 3rd. I'm spamming stun but much much slower this time, and 3 seconds after the window opens I see it pop but it's much farther than it was on Monday. Still, I can target it and instead of mashing the button and hoping the stun gets registered I slowly made sure I stunned him. Sure enough, this was what I got:

My claim! My first ever claim too. Fighting Fafnir as BLM is much different than fighting him as RDM or as BRD. Pulling hate is way too easy, and now I see why taru BLMs merit enmity- and also why SE put an enmity- song in the game. Still, it's fun as hell to pull an 1100 MB which is gimp for most BLMs but seeing as I have no Phantom Tathlum, no Jupiter's Staff, no Tamas Ring no Zenith Mitts or even Yigit Crackows... I was impressed. Even without those necessary pieces I can (and do) still pull hate on some of my casts. For the 2nd time in two fights, I pulled hate and died, getting myself kicked from the alliance at less than 10% and ao I missed out on another title. Not that I mind really, it's obviously not the last Faf I'm gonna do since we've claimed 3 of the last 4 I think, only missing out to Nidhogg on Monday. Zenith Mitts abj dropped and we all headed out to Xarcabard, but I got a trade from a LS leader.... and I got my pearl!

That's right I am now an official member of the best LS on Bismarck, IRON. We entered Dyna - Xarc and I did a quick check of who needed Summoner's Horn (the horn is what I am really after and it drops in Xarc). I saw only 1 other person, Evilbob, who wanted to lot it. My chances were 50/50, which aren't all that bad. We made our rounds to the NMs and when the SMN NM came up, I made sure to watch that treasure pool and sure enough... it dropped! I was elated that I might get my 2nd AF2 for SMN.

I quickly hit cast lots... and cast a 333. Statistically I was a 3:1 favorite to lose. Bob cast a 525 and got the piece. I can't really be that upset since Bob was the guy I outlotted for the feet on Sunday. Not to mention that is their 15th horn they've seen. That's 4 more than their other highest drops. I'll see my horn soon enough seeing as no one else wants/needs it anymore. We did our rounds, DL was an ass again. We screwed up by not voking soon enough and the RDMs were too far for some stuns. We lost but had an assload of time left to farm. In almost 3 hours we ended up with only a Montinont and a pair of Bard Cannions.

The title of the post is pretty much indicative of my. Happy to have my AF2 feet and Hope Staff, pissed off at dying and HP'ing two times in 3 hours. Elated that I claimed Faf, disappointed I died and missed the title again. Ecstatic to be an official IRON member, then saddened by my crappy lot for the SMN horn. Even if I was disappointed on not getting the horn I got something 100x better, a IRON Linkpearl. Rock.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

some things are. I still can't sell this damn Enhancing sword. Was 14M in July, and the last 4 sales since have been 13.7M, 12M, 11M, and 10M...

I bazaar'd it for 9.5M and still can't sell it. I'm down to 800k and freakin out since I had 42M in Feb and worked it down to 16M in August... having 800k is broke as a joke.

Sole Sushi is 34k a stack, um Galaetia is more here but siren's hair is less. Strange. Prices dropping across the boards, Triumph Earring +1 I've seen for 4.5M, Kirin's Osode 27M (saw 65 on Odin). KS99 items seem to be the same tho, and I 3 stacks of 99 KS's so thats pretty much my income for the next month or so.

Just need to get to do em this Fri!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home