g Umm... Refresh please!: Contemplation

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Contemplation

I haven't logged into FFXI for 5 days. In the past (July/August) I'd have been scratching my skin like a crackhead, jones'ing for a Vana'fix. Instead I picked up FFXII and am thoroughly impressed. The game mechanics are easy, the storyline is political instead of one big badass baddie wanting to explode the world. The characters are gorgeous, though SE thought putting Vaan in some stupid ass pose all the time was cute... it's not. Standing with both hands behind your head and your hips cocked to the side makes you look like you are posing your abs in a bodybuilding contest or striking a pose for Madonna in the Vogue video... Lame.

There is no way to cheat, bot, RMT, or have lag. The game is fun and cost me $60 for the lifetime of the game. On FFXI I've spent $15 a month for 2.5 years. That's 33 months x $15 or... $495. Yeah, so right there I think my days are numbered. $500... think of what gadget you could buy for $500, where you could buy a plane ticket to for $500, or the kind of night you could have at a strip club for $500. The LS I am in is rebuilding with some great people but in the weeks that I was on before my hiatus, the motivation was starting to lack, even though we were still claiming.

I realize that I will eventually beat FFXII, and then what, try a new game? I've started to think that spending 3 hours a night trying to claim something isn't very productive. Sure it's for great gear, but I enjoy things like Tiamat, Ultima, Omega, KS99. Camping has lost it's shine, and just hasn't become that important to me anymore... I have some time to think about this, I am only 1 week into this month's billing cycle.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger Ringthree said...

Yeah, what Will said. Stop being /Gorocry! LOL

Sometimes it gets repetitive, but thats when you find something new to do. Just dont get stuck in a rut.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger SeraphPDH said...

I just got a completely new player to FFXI in my linkshell. The constant requests for assistance and the amazement when they discover the most widely known of facts every night is easily worth $15 a month to listen to alone.

=-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home