g Umm... Refresh please!: Slow Saturdays

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Slow Saturdays

Saturday tends to be a slow day. Today was an emergency maintenance, so it shut down from noon till 2pm. We headed out to Fafnir and logged as the server dropped. When we came back 2 hours later we thought we had the window figured out. Slowly more showed and Faf wasn't popping. On the 2nd to last window we spammed for 90 seconds and pretty much 3-5 seconds after a leader typed "over", it spawns. My dumbass was going into the spell menu to recast protect which had worn off, and as I see it appear I get stuck on the "Chat" tab and entered into the GD onscreen display keyboard. The most annoying part was that for all previous windows I had been spamming 30 seconds after each window supposedly closed, just in case, but I had to stop or I'd catch one of the respawning Darters. I blame myself as much as I blame whoever said the window closed, just because I wasn't being consistant like I had for the previous 2 hours. Oh well, they only got Hrotti, A Feet and E Hands. We woulda been bummed had a Ridill or A Hands dropped.

We did camp Adamantoise but again one of the newer members didn't pull properly, died, had to be tractored and raised by me. While we waited for his sickness to wear off another LS gathered up the people and killed it. The are minor mistakes but if this isn't corrected this could present bigger problems. This is the 2nd Adamantoise I've been to where we've claimed, lost it due to a mistake... only to watch another LS kill it. That's just unacceptable in my eyes and extremely frustrating. If we are going to tout that we are "Bismarck's Leading HNM LS" then we'd better start showing it.

Moving on we did some Limbus. It was Temenos Central floor 3 (beastmen gods) and we ended up with 4 coins each and a Plaited Cord. That's the 4th NIN we've gotten in the last 2 runs... but Mini got his much deserved 2nd piece of NIN ingredients to synth up his Ninja Tekko +1. Now if only Diabolic Silk dropped, then I could finally get my Wizard's Petasos +1. The 2nd alliance got MNK only so that wasn't much of a help either. Everyone broke after Limbus and I did some personal stuff. I came back around midnight to check on things. Not much was organized for any type of LS event and it was too late for me to start XPing (or I'd be up till 4am... no thanks) so I logged for the night. Catching up on some old pics though:

This was our last KS99 run. Was flawless for the most part. I wound up with Purgatory Mace and a Behemoth Horn. Netted me about 700k I think. Pretty much all KS99's (including Horns of War) have dropped in profitabilty. The only way to make gil is to get maybe Unsho, Behemoth Hide, or a Shining Cloth. Otherwise you're only going to be netting about 1M gil per orb. On a final note I did some nice WHM leveling last night. The party was skeptical at first, but in the end it worked out. The people weren't SUPER hard core but very understanding and it was nice to just get into a mid-level xp party, make some mistakes, correct those mistakes, and have fun while getting good easy XP. The setup was WAR, THF, SAM, MNK, WHM, WHM. Not a real tank in there and no refresher but we tried to make it work. At first we tried Puks which was a mistake. Though they gave 300+ xp with ring on, but we couldn't chain them past Chain #1 and they hit the WAR hard as hell. We moved to Lesser Colibri's by the porting pad out in Waj Woodlands and the xp flowed. It was easy and the WHM (which only spoke japanese) started to get into the flow with what I was doing and we were very effective as a team. We lost the SAM and got a NIN which made it all the much better. Everyone was getting Haste, the NIN was keeping good hate, and the WHMs had so much MP left we started to spam Holy and Banish II. I got about 20k in just over 2 hours and called it a night. We all leveled up and warped out happy. I'm currently 59WHM and have all my spells and gear. At 60WHM I will get Reraise II. There are no spells from 57-60 so this is a very boring stretch. The cool thing was we both were elvaan and both had on the same gear, so not only did I respect him for his good gear I was pleased other people chose enmity and MP over just wearing full AF1 like some WHMs I see.

Anyways, that was too long for a 1am post. I'm headed to sleep and hoping, hoping, HOPING that Summoner's Spats drops in Dyna-Windy tomorrow because I really need to finish this SMN out. Also, the good news I heard is that on Wed's Dyna-Xarc run Summoner's Horn will be restricted to IRON LS memebers only! I'm pretty sure that includes me... and me only at this point. If those pieces dropped from the next 2 Dyna's I'd be content to say my SMN is complete. Summoner's Doublet is cool and all, but I'd give it up for Sorcerer's Coat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Until tromorrow, I bid you adieu.

1 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger SeraphPDH said...

Explorer2 finally decided to get around to killing Dynamis Lord today. Shadow Mantle, and a 100 byne bill. Summoner's Horn dropped too, and was trashed. I thought of you. >.>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home