g Umm... Refresh please!: Your love is like a Rollercoaster baby, baby I wanna ride

Friday, December 08, 2006

Your love is like a Rollercoaster baby, baby I wanna ride

Chilipeppers stuck in my head. Meh, anyways, Wednesday was Dyna-Xarc. We all know what happens there... (no drop of SMN horn) After the obvious happened, we took out old DL in nice time, dropped no Shadow crap tho which was weak. Took Animated Gun down to 7% before he warped out. Farmed some more, and ended up PLD (Dun), RNG (Guapa), DRK (Resi), and MNK (Zart). I am very happy that all of those pieces went to some very deserving people, even if Guapa is getting every damn drop in December (I kid).

Thursday was event night, and for shits and giggles we took a stab at Vrtra. I had never fought him before and most of the newer members of the shell hadn't either. We did very well (I thought) and took it to 22% before it started spamming wings and BLM and tanks started dropping. At that point add control was breaking down. We had about a 75% wipe and pretty much threw in the towel. Most people couldn't get up with blood aggro, Vrtra wouldn't stop spawing new summons, and it was becoming overwhelmig to the point where we decided it wasn't worth it. I hate to quit, and the one thing that made me feel ok about calling it was that we had a flail at about 50% which caused about a 90% wipe and we recovered from that! Still, we got the experience we wanted from it, we had a good turnout, and we all learned something.

I learned that's a frustrating fight.
  • you must have poison pots on because his wings AoE damage and sleepga
  • you must have stoneskin on to rest mp because you have a poison pot on draining HP
  • SMNs are the main DD'rs, so you have to have a steady form of MP (i.e. you must rest alot)
  • kiting him is a pain in the ass for SMNs, because if you BP he'll run out of range, thus wasting a BP and 57 more seconds

It was still a hell of a lot of fun to do, and if I was still Gorokai 75BRD and in need of a manteel I'd push to try Vrtra tillwe won, but alas those are the old days and what I really need is that GD SMN HORN. Thank God its a restricted lot next week.

some bardtastic memories

Man I made a sexah BRD...

exploring Arrapago on day 1 of Aht Urghan

Full BRD AF2, thank you so much to Obsidian LS on Odin

Full Sha'ir (this was in December '05, sold manteel for 35M in Feb!!!)

1 Comments:

At 1:16 AM, Blogger Strawberrie said...

Why is it again that you left Odin?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home