g Umm... Refresh please!: We suck, it's all your fault!

Sunday, December 17, 2006

We suck, it's all your fault!

Drama on the high seas. Bismarck server dead ahead, ETA, 1 single Aspi window. Ok, enough stupid talk. Today was a day of mind numbing video game playing. I leveled on my WHM for a while, which was fun because I had put it off since before my break and I wanted to finally wear a damn Nobles. Got it to 60 on a weird party. Started off WHM, BRD, PLD, MNK, RNG, RNG. We had the damage but no hate control and after each Sidewinder a RNG would pull hate and get the crap smacked out of them because they just had to sub WAR for the STR/attack that comes with WAR sub. Well without ninjitsu they would get smaked for 200 damage and that meant curing the RNGs as much as the damn PLD. After an hour both RNGs had other things to do, and we ended up replacing them with another MNK (taru) and a lolDRG. The last time I leveled with an lolDRG was WAYYYYY back in Bibiki Bay on my RDM (prolly June '05). All I remember is the lolDRG saying all anyone thought he was good for was making Light with a DRK. Well, except for the fact I had to tell this lolDRG to Call Wyvern after the 2nd pull, he did not only amazingly but our kills went about 5x smoother. No one spiked hate and caused major curing needs. It was just steady xp from mobs that gave 220+ on Chain 0 and 340 at Chain #4 and #5. After a few hours we all got a level and a half cleared, and when the PLD pulled with me having 63MP and died the MNKs 2 houred and kill the Colibri. People said they were tired, the (Japanese) BRD said it was 5:25am JST so we all headed out. I grabbed Reraise II and made some new gear choices (Healer's Mitts over Magna Gauntlets as well as Raven Beret over Gold Hairpin. Going to head back to it and hopefully get it to 62 so I can wear my Wood M Ledelsens

I then went and solo'd on SMN for about 45 minutes, making about 3k with my XP ring and getting the XP back I lost when we fought Timmy. Was easy stuff, if only I could use Empress Band more often. After I releved I did a quick Limbus run where we cleared ApollyonSW and got THF and RDM and 2 coins. We had Assaults planned to finish but some people did Waughroon Shrine KS30 runs. I went off fishing, getting no skillups but enough Bhefhel Marlin that one of them, when cut open, had in it a Pirate's Chart. This is the trigger to enter the fight for Mercurial Kris but I'm really in it for the Pelican Ring or the Albatross Ring. More to come on these developments.

Finally, the good stuff. Drama. It's what makes the world go round. I ran through 2 Mamool assaults and then helped 4 people get ToAU missions 11-15 done. When we finished the final CS we headed out to Aspi and that damn turtle popped 1st window! Some Japanese LS got it but they lost claim almost instantly. We were voking/spamming from the possible claim when it popped, and it got claimed by us. Then the /shouts, /says, and general whining and complaining ensued. We didn't get MPK'd, nor did we try to MPK anyone. We didn't hear from a GM and in the end we really didn't do anything wrong. They could not hold claim on the mob. It's like if Nid popped and 5 people cast stun on it. Should I be angry and act childish to the players who created more hate on the mob when it popped, and thus got the claim? Of course not. We made short work of Aspi, and in the end A.Body dropped. I sent a tell for it but I'm behind all the RDMs and BRDs in the shell. Even though I have RDM, because SMN and BLM are my mains, the RDM-main and BRD-main members get precedent. The Dalm went to Poundkake, and he'll definitly put it to good use. Now he's our giant Garka Christmas Tree. We had an official tree lighting ceremony when he got it uncursed in Sandy.

10 Comments:

At 3:35 AM, Blogger Strawberrie said...

That's weird, I remember the days when Dalmatica was SMN-priority. Maybe I'm just imagening things...

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Strawberrie said...

Here's what I noticed, looking at the code. I hope comments don't get "fixed" with the HTML when I post them.

Your title image has so much room because the height is set to 500, but your actual image is only 307.

Change this:

#header {
height: 500px;
background:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/stringztoo/Nivaud/tavnazia2.jpg");

to this:

#header {
height: 310px;
background:url("http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/stringztoo/Nivaud/tavnazia2.jpg");

Continued if this worked...

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Strawberrie said...

Woops make that 310 into 350. It's 3am and I can't read numbers too well. Not sure what else I can change to make it better.

Maybe try changing

#main {
width:600px;
float:left;
background:#123
margin:15px 0 0;
padding:0 0 10px;
color:#ccc;
font-size:97%;
line-height:1.5em;

to

#main {
width:610px;
float:left;
background:#123
margin:15px 0 0;
padding:0 0 10px;
color:#ccc;
font-size:97%;
line-height:1.5em;

That might make the other things line up, if your title image is messing it up. Otherwise, I can't do anything without just doing it myself through trial and error.

Try that, but be sure to copy the original source to a text file, in case I am just horribly, horribly wrong.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

There is no excuse for what IRON did. You stole it. You could have been nice enough to give it back, but instead you decided to be a bunch of selfish asses.

You forgot to mention that IRON lost to Tiamat. So sad what has become of IRON these days :)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

1) If you can't keep a mob claimed for 4 seconds it's not our fault. Had IRON not claimed it Unreal would have. I don't feel sorry for a LS that can't keep a claim... now if they are MPK'd thats a totally different story (like Lunies tried to do to us at Xolotl). A king went white after a claimer died. Blame IRON for that.

2) IRON is a different IRON than it was a year ago. Core players left and new ones came in. Players are learning from these things, and no one gets into a car and can parallel park on day one. And we didn't wipe, we had people alive, it went yellow because we were trying to sleep it... and then AD slept it when it went yellow. I guess AD stole Tiamat from IRON then if I use your misguided logic.

3) AD/Lunies flailed Vrtra twice and lost to it on Sunday. If AD and/or Lunies are so dominant why can't they kill any big HNMs solo? So sad what has become of AD and Lunies these days :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Right, so a mob goes unclaimed and that gives you the right to steal it? There is no excuse for that, it was stolen.

Oh, so now Dragonslayers stole Tiamat? Seeing as IRON gave up on Tiamat since they couldn't recover and were just throwing in bodies to die over and over again. It was even called a wipe in the linkshell and now you want to say otherwise?

Nobody said AD/Lunies are that awesome either. It's sad indeed that they have to team up for everything. But it's sadder that a LS has to team up with EH.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

lol, I have no hatred... I just am not going to let people say lies about my LS. A mob was claimed and they LOST claim on it. We didn't cause them to lose claim on it. They either died or didn't generate enough hate to keep claim. It's not like we spammed cures or stuns to try to "get it back" or "steal it from them".

It was literally 3-4 seconds that they had claim. I was on Ventrillo and heard one of our NINs say, "POP POP, shit it's clai... wait it's white! Mine! Mine! Assist me!" There's a big (huge) difference between that and spamming stuns on a purple mob at 50% jst in case it went white for a second.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

They are no lies, they are simple facts.

 
At 4:06 AM, Blogger Ultrabum said...

yup, and the facts were:

-some jpn LS voked it
-they got the claimed
-they got aggro within 4 seconds and died
-they lost the claim
-mob went white
-IRON claimed and killed all our adds
-Surrounding LSs cried for 20 mins in /say and /shout
-whoever you are (Lunies, AD, Unreal) came on here to post things that weren't true

There's your facts.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You just can't accept the truth that IRON steal's HNM's can you? Everyone who was there saw it so you can cut the innocence bs already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home