g Umm... Refresh please!: Fun?! WTF? Where did this come from?

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Fun?! WTF? Where did this come from?

Last night was event night, and we decided to take a shot at Medusa. I knew where she was in Arrapago and also had both a map and a Lamia Fang Key in my safe so I actually felt like quite the hero en route to camp. Once the key got used we gathered at the Typhoon door. Once we wiped and tractored through the door we got ourselves ready.We really didn't take this fight too seriously, which we should have. We spammed it with TP at the onset and even though her 4 adds were taken care of she kicked the shit out of us. About 1/3rd of the alliance got killed, but we had already gotten her down to 68%. Once we realized that this would be easier than Gurfurlur but no cakewalk by any means... we recovered and worked her down. She didn't have a horrendous AoE move below 20%. She had a conical breakga move + damage but as long as WHMs were on the ball and melees didnt face her towards us mages, it wasn't much of an issue.

I came SMN again and was one of the four. Just like at Gurf we found that the most steady damage was Titan's Buster move which could also allow us to spam Ward so that stoneskin could be up for tanks. Unfortunetly I didn't get a massive 690-700 crit like I did at Gurf, but Orcrist did, so it is entirely possible. Garuda sucked, Levi sucked, Diabolos sucked. I didn't try Ramuh, Ifrit, Shiva or Fenny but I suspected they would be the same way. I averaged 370-391, and hit 414 once. When she died we only got Medusa's Armlet... no Mercenary's Dastanas. Still, we have a feeling that Medusa's Armlet, Gurfurlur's Helmet and Ja Ja's Chestplate all make something like the 3 kings drops make Black Belt. In the end we got a really cool and inconspicuous title.Aspi's first window opened during the final 3 minutes of the fight, and since were really the only ones who knew the actual ToD so we all stood by our outpost tarus for 3 hours and when he did pop, we descended in on him in record time. I was the first to zone in and see him. Of course, not wanting to waste any time I stunned him to pull back to camp only to find that the party disbanded as I was stunning and that left me alone with a big smelly angry turtle. Of course I died, but w/e, I liked my Medusa title. It was a joke kill, we had an army of BLMs that took off something like 23% with 1 volley of Blizz/Freeze MB's. Drops were 2x Martial feet (no mage stuff...) but that's cool cause I'm told they are great melee feet for PLD (I guess?). Me getting a tan:For once in a very long time, I had fun in Vanadiel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home