g Umm... Refresh please!: Triple play

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Triple play

What an eventful night! I got my 3k on BLM using the old Emp ring coupled with BLM/RDM at the Marid camps. After I got a little addition to my buffer I headed out to Dynamis-Valkurm. We had alot of people there and ended up sending a dozen or so to Dyna-Jeuno.

We entered and things went well, we got all 3 flies right away and headed to Fairy Ring. Then, for some reason, leadership told the raid to go to Selbina and the pullers to FR. I had somewhat of an argument about it because I told them without a RDM to grav it, it would be too long a pull. Well, 2 dead RNGs later I think I made my point. We pulled it clear across the western beach to Selbina and took it down. As soon as it died I headed towards the Gobbue out towards Konschat Higlands. We pulled the Quads, got no non-currency drops, and started for the Gobbue... yet again leadership said to stay at quad camp, they were going to pull this NM across 1/3rd the zone to the raid. Again, I said we needed to go to the other end of the tunnel, but I was superceded and we stayed at quad camp. Again, all pullers died and we lost the pull on the Gobbue. We had 18 mins on the clock and some were calling it quits, but we decided to go for the mega boss anyways, something I had never done in Obsidian before.

We engaged with 9 mins on the clock and killed the mega boss relatively easily. It used charmga at 2% which annoyed me, but it died and we got the Dynamis-Valkurm Sliver. On a side note I really wish leadership would listen to me sometimes. I know that the strats I use are from another LS (props Obsidian) and I am well aware they have one once with these strats involving MASSIVELY long pulls... but efficiency and reliability should trump 1 single past experience. I hope in some future run they attempt it the way I am used to and see how much easier the pulls on the 2 NMs are.

After getting the title we farmed for 63 minutes. First Wyrm Armet -1 dropped (grats Luna), and it went dry until we killed a hippo that dropped... yup... Summoner's Cape. Something I really wanted and was hoping for. My lot was 479, Elvay was 337, Mittens was 669. No cape for me. I wasn't really all that upset for a few reasons. One, Mittens is a very nice player, and some of her gear could use an upgrade. I'm not trying to insult her here at all, but if you compared my SMN gear to hers, mine is somewhat better so it's nice to see a good piece go to a good person. Second, the cape is pretty much an Intensifying Cape that has enmity-1. It's a nice cape to have and was damn uber before that Assault cape came out. Now it's still a nice piece with nice stats but nonetheless... stats you can get elsewhere. Anyways, after that we got a Cleric's Cap -1 (Terren) and a Bard's Cape (grats PK with your impressive 178 lot). Of course with 3 minutes to go we got an amazing drop, one to rival all drops! Monster Helm -1 dropped and went to the resident french Garka (grats Kingkang). Was overall a good run, and with 5 mins left we were informed that Tiamat was up.

We headed out toTimmy and, well, not much to say. Went pretty flawless, they are trying a new tank party setup and it worked just beautifully. I even got off a 988 Predator claws, but it still didn't beat out my 1018 from late November.It took just over an hour with 22 people and drops were Oxblood, Wyrm Horn and Herald's Gaiters. We waited about 3 minutes and Xolotl popped, and since we had a full alliance we destroyed him and got a whopping Chain #1 for 33xp. Oh well, 3 titles in under 3 hours, I was happy but exhausted. Only zone left is Dyna-Qufim and then I am flagged to enter Tavnazia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home