g Umm... Refresh please!: maybe worst night ever?

Friday, December 29, 2006

maybe worst night ever?

I started out having a bad night, I was soloing in sea on SMN for xp buffer with Empress Ring on, and for some reason Ifrit was putting some gimp ass numbers up for Flaming Crush. Usually with the Om'hpemde's mouth open it does 1500-2500 damage. Well... Ifrit was putting forth some lame BPs, averaging about 900-1200. All my normal gear was on and macro'd. The worst was when I desummoned, summoned from far away and waited for the mob to come to me and the avatar. Ifrit whiffs the mob, and I take a hit. With it's mouth open it hits like 2-3x harder than normal. Stoneskin down, 129 damage. I let Ifrit smack it once and use Flaming Crush (which generates enmity). I get hit again without any stoneskin on for 318. Down to 500 HP and Ifrit's BP MISSES. Now I'm screwed... cause Ifrit has yet to get hate back and I'm getting beaten to a pulp. Next hit is crit for 567... and I'm dead. Of course I didn't use reraise because I never die to these things. I get a pity raise and head to Whitegate because we were going to get an Assault in before we gathered for Salvage.

We get our tags and enter PFC for Mammol. It's very easy, and we go RDM, NIN, NIN and just trio the 12 mobs. It's 1k APs everytime, and is never any trouble... but tonight is tonight, and tonight is a crappy night. I pull the 1st mob, haste the NINs, and debuff the Mamool. I head off for the second pull, cast Sleep 2 on a Mamool down below, and it loses one of it's shadows (cause it was a NIN). I now have hate so I start to pull it back to the party and ready Sleepga. Suddenly I'm being hit by a Puk? I was like "WTF puks don't aggro from the bridges!" Puks also don't link with Mamools, so I have no clue where this stupid bug came from. The NINs had their timers down and I was being hit by 2 mobs and couldn't get Sleepga off. So I died, again... without RR up. They tried to duo the remaining 11 mobs, but only got through nine and a half before they ran out of time. It sucked, I got my 2nd pity raise of the night... At least it was almost time for Salvage.

Well, after being disappointed in losing an Assault I was told Salvage was now being cancelled because we lieterally had no MNKs (or any melees for that point) and all mages. Something like 8 mages, a THF and a SAM. Won't get too far on that setup. Instead the LS of wasting people's Assault Points, my static burned through our remaining 3 tags. We did Mamool again (with RR on this time) and it went flawlessly. We picked up a 4th member and did a Leujaoam Sanctum run called Orichalcum Survey. Seems all you have to do is get a key item pickaxe from an NPC, mine the multiple mining points in the zone, and once you get an Orichalcum Ore you return it to the NPC and win. Sometimes while mining for the ore a Mineral Worm pops. Kill it, wait for it to disappear and start mining again. There are also many Qiqrin Miners that are NPCs while you mine up the ore, but once you do finally get the ore, they start to aggro. I got the ore at the 24 minute mark, turned it in to the NPC and got 1680 APs since it was my 1st time and I had the armband bonus.

The 2nd attempt wasn't so easy. One of our NINs got the ore at the 20 min mark but I got aggro because I was stupid and forgot... so I died but at least the NIN by me avoided the aggro, and waited in a safe spot till the other NIN with the ore turned it in. Well, the BLM and other NIN got aggro, and since she had the ore she had to stay alive to turn it in. The BLM unfortunetly subbed SMN (I tried explaining why you should be /WHM and wearing a Black Cloak the entire time but the point was missed so I gave up) and since the BLM didn't have enough MP to stun/bind/sleep/cure... you can see where this went. The NIN died, the BLM died, and the other NIN in the safe alcove just used Mijin Gakure to exit the zone. So we wasted 2 out of our 4 I.D. tags last night which equates to about 2k APs which equates to about 1 Salvage run... so when we got kicked after 3 dead minutes I just HP'd and called it a night.

I know, I tend to complain alot, and I earned the name Gorocry... but this rant was justified.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home