g Umm... Refresh please!: Solo

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Solo

Due to some miscommunications and a sackholder who couldn't recognize sarcasm from condescension, I was removed from the LS I worked very hard for and supported for the past 5 weeks. Without getting into a lot of details (what's the point?) I am now on the hunt for an endgame shell. I have my eye on one and if they reject me I'll do one of two things. Go back to leveling low level jobs and forget about endgame (the only thing I haven't killed is Khimaira and Salvage). This will allow me to get back to WHM, maybe BST or possibly a melee job which I have sworn off the past 3+ years. The other option besides that is moving to World of Warcraft. The game doesn't look as good but there are far fewer flaws with that game than with FFXI. We'll see, I have 3 paths I could take. Continue endgame, continue newbness, or continue WoW.

On my last night with Prophets I spent 4+ hours in sky farming Diorites for my melee LS mates. Darn, I'm so selfish. (That was sarcasm btw for those who cannot recognize it). We got only 1 from the Aura Statues (mostly cause we had 3-4 LS's up there competing for claims) but our 2nd group pulled in 6 form the Enkidu's. That brought the Autmnstone bank to 7... which I don't know if any LS has ever (before this update) had 7 Autumnstones to burn. After the alliance broke for the night I stayed in sky to solo some pots for xp and while it isn't massive, it is still 130-150xp per pot. It's a bit tricky, if you miss a Mountain Buster you probably need to use Carby to finish the pot off. It's mostly:
  • Summon Titan
  • Cast Dia on the Sprinkler
  • Mountain Buster the Sprinkler
  • Wait 46 seconds (Load on the -perpetuation gear here!)
  • Mountain Buster the Sprinkler
  • Run away!
  • Resummon Titan (cause he will be dead by this time)
  • Mountain Buster the Sprinkler

If all 3 hit it should be enough to kill it. The pots are RDMs so they cast things like Blaze Spikes, Burn, Choke, Sleep, and tier 3 nukes. Only Fire III and Aero III really do any damage. When it starts casting Thundaga III (wtf thats not a RDM spell...) run away. Titan will only take like 56 damage but you can get hit for 700+. I got about 4k limit points up there before I got sleepy and logged for the night. Its no burn party (which I'll be doing more on my RDM now that I am not required to be at any events), but it is steady/easy SMN xp without having to deal with praying that an Ule Range Agloolik uses Hypothermal Combustion; or soloing Imps for great xp but if Garuda's Predator Claws misses... you're fooked. Plus, Titan is massively strong against arcane mobs. Some of my damage output was

I also had some fun with the race converter. Stat-wise I wish I woulda been a taru but gameplay-wise... I really wish I was a Garka. If I play a job that doesn't need me to wear RSE gear I'm totally playing as a Garka model. For some reason I can't wear my Wood M Ledelsens when I change my race model from DhamElvaan to Garka... so until I play a job that doesn't require me to wear em I'm playing as ol'Longneck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home